OBJECTIVES OF THE AWARD
- To recognize ATE members that have excelled in putting in place outstanding HR management policies and best business practices.
- To recognize and benchmark employers with best Human Resource practices.
- To develop a set of guidelines by which employers in Tanzania can strive to improve HR management and best Business practices
- To compile information on the status of Human Resources Management and practices among ATE members and identify areas for improvement.
Employers who participate in the Employer of the Year award (EYA) will benefit in the following:
- Benchmark your organisation’s performance against other organisations and sectors.
- Find out what your peers are doing to keep their employees motivated and happy on the job
- Take part in the survey and get the chance to be recognized publicly and valued national wide as an outstanding employer with best practices
- Get a free copy of the survey report as a valued participant for use in achieving best practices in various aspects of Human Resource Management
- Building confidence on best practices and thus widening market share
- Stimulating and sharing knowledge on strategies developing and adopting best practices in all aspects of Human Resource Management
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE (ELIGIBILITY)
This is an equal opportunity process and all ATE members are eligible and therefore encouraged to participate without any fee.
COMPETING UNDER ONE CATEGORY
Members are normally given options to choose to compete under one category where they feel they are more likely to do better having invested more resources and efforts in that particular category. It has been realised that allowing members to compete under a category they feel they have a better chance in winning, gives them more leverage.
We have also considered the fact that some companies or organizations do not put equal efforts and resources in all the categories.
Members who wish to compete under one category chose from any of the above awards. But in order to win either an award in terms of sizes or overall, a member must be ready to compete in all special categories.
SURVEY EXERCISE TO SELECT THE EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR
ATE usually advertises for a tender to carry out survey for the Employer of the Year Award. The tendering process is fair and transparent which give equal chance for competent independent consultants to submit their proposal for carrying out of the assignment.
Questionnaires are normally sent to all members via postal address, electronically and also placed on our website (www.ate.or.tz) to be downloaded, filled and sent back to the Consultant. The Questionnaires contain all the information and guideline that is needed while filling the questionnaires.