Employer of the Year Award (EYA) is an annual event in the calendar of the Association of Tanzania Employers (ATE) which was introduced in 2005. It was initiated and geared towards promoting and encouraging best Human Resources Management practices in a bid to enhance organizational productivity and competitiveness.
As the voice of employers in Tanzania, it is our duty to promote harmonious labour relations at workplaces as well as best practices in human resources management for smooth running of businesses which are essential for increased labour productivity and competitiveness.
The overall objective of conducting EYA is to encourage and promote best practices in Human Resources essential for improving productivity and wealth creation.
Objective of the Award
- To recognize ATE members that have excelled in putting in place outstanding HR management policies and best Business practices.
- To recognize and benchmark employers with best Human Resource practices.
- To develop a set of guidelines, by which employers in Tanzania can strive to improve HR management and best Business practices
- To compile information on the status of Human Resources Management and practices among ATE members and identify areas for improvement.
- To provide feedback to participating employers on their status regarding attainment of best practices in Human Resource Management.
- To promote and encourage SMEs on issues of Human Resources Management
Review of EYA
Since its introduction in 2005, EYA had not done a major review to capture the current human resources management practises. Based on our members and various Consultants views, ATE embarked in this review exercise taking into consideration the nature and needs of different organisations/sectors.
For instance the amount of time and resources invested in OHS in the Banking sector may not necessarily be the same as in the Mining sector.